MELTZ COMMUNICATIONS GIVES CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS SEMINAR AT COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMUNICATIONS CLUB
Date: February 11, 2015
Washington: Today, Gary Meltz, Principal of MELTZ Communications, gave a presentation on crisis communications at the Council on Foreign Relations Communications Club. At the event, Meltz spoke to communications professionals at several prestigious think-tanks in Washington which focus on foreign relations and national security issues.
The topics covered at the seminar included:
- Understanding when you are in a crisis
- Myths surrounding crisis communications
- Keys to successfully operating in a crisis setting
- Best practices for social media channels in a crisis
- Building better narratives
- Identifying and using third-party validators
The Communications Club is an ad hoc organization run by communications professionals at the Council on Foreign Relations.